4 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2017 11:59 PM by lalapoo

low fps after downloading new driver 17.4.4

alxhaskin

Hey everyone,

So it seems after I installed the latest drivers (17.5 / 17.4.4)  my fps in games, primarily League of Legends, has dropped drastically. I upgraded my drivers to 17.5 initially then after experiencing the low fps I changed it to 17.4.4 yet still pretty lame fps

I was averaging over 100 all the time with settings same as they are now which are pretty high. The fps would even go over 200 at some points. Now however they are around 40-60

what happened??

• Re: low fps after downloading new driver 17.4.4
          impuls3

I like to say I am having the same issue I have an XFX RX480 GTR and I was on driver 17.4.3 but when watching a video on youtube my amd settings crashed and when I restarted the relive app the driver had gone to 17.1.1 how I don't know, so installed 17.4.4 and know I can't keep a stable 60fps I run an 1080p@60fps setup and I limit the fps to 60 but know I get drops all the way down 40fps, Whats happen is it to do with the chill part of relive or is it an error in the drivers or just windows 10 being crap again my system is

I7 4790k

shadow rock slim coolier

16GB ram crucial    

500gb samsung 850 evo ssd + 1TB seagate hard drive

600w psu    

Z97-A motherboard from asus

XFX RX480 GTR at stock no OC

Windows 10 creator edition 64bit

alxhaskin

Dude what the heck right? I think it might have something to do with this new driver. I've never had any issues before and now it's trippin. Sometimes the game even stutters and has like second of just freeze then comes back. I have windows 7 so it isn't just your OS, I thought it may have something to do with chill also although; that was never an issue before. All my OC settings and things are what they were before I downloaded the new driver... I don't get it. AMD WHATS THE DEAL!? What is this 17.4.4 BS

AMD 8350

Corsair H100i

8GB ram G.Skill Ripjaws x

500GB samsung 850 evo ssd + 250 GB Crucial ssd

Corsair HX1000w power supply

Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 mobo

Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 8g

Windows7 64bit

lalapoo

I have same problem, really low FPS and high heat