19 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2017 4:10 AM by amdmatt

System Freezing When Using Relive and Instant Reply RX 480

n3mbot

hi man , sorry to call you out like this but i saw you were hanging around posting and i really need some help from someone that is really AMD related.

my issue is the following , i use the relive recording software since it came out , apart from some minor issues like some crashes here and then and the audio desinc it always worked pretty well.

this was with my 280x , since i bought a RX480 and did the win10 creators update i started having a not so minor issue , i play rainbow six siege and like to have the instant replay function activated for the last 4 minutes , since i made the hardware and software changes the relive software makes my CPU drop from 100 to an average 50% usage ingame and while that happens my screen just freezes for variable amounts of time , could be 3 to anything up to 10 seconds , then it just goes up again and works  for another 3 to 10 seconds before freezing again , and this just repeats over and over until i manage to turn the instant replay off , after that everything goes to normal and the game runs smooth as butter.

i´ve searched hi and low for a fix or even an explanation and i found nothing ,tryed everything in the book , except reinstalling the SO because this only happens in siege, and i can add it happens 95% of time in the same loding spot , in the beggining of a new round when you are put into the FPS perspective.

sometimes i managed to ctrl alt del to open the manager to check the CPU usage and when i return to the game its fixed but remains with noticeable stutter , but for the most part when it starts freezing its game over unless i turn off the instant replay function , only a complete PC reboot will make it work for at least one round again before coming back, trying  to enable/ disable  relive in drivers has no effect , it just starts freezing again.

even opening the overlay with instant replay off in game causes the freezes once it starts happening.

so im desperate for an answer , some feedback, something , please help.

CPU i5 3570K 3.4Ghz @ 4.2 turbo

8 Gb DDR 3

RX480 4Gb

ASrock z77 extreme 4 mobo

im not at home in this moment but when i am i can send you a graph with the CPU usage drops and /or anything else you might find useful.

thanks in advance.

• Re: AMDmatt please please help!
          n3mbot

damn , why doesn´t nobody even answers? i feel like im alone in my quest to solve an AMD product issue... this cant be that uncommon , i see a lot of people complaining about similar stuff and also no answer, is there anyone in here willing to help?

angryuser1

It's not like nobody wants to answer, but that we don't know how to help you.

I don't have RB6S, so I can't really relate. I don't have these issues with other games on my rx480 either. I don't know if this is a game issue, driver issue or a system issue.

I can only give you generic "try to disable windows driver updates, use DDU in safe mode and try different driver versions" answer, and hope it magically solves your issue.

And perhaps ask you to disable any background apps like skype, discord, antivirus, browser, music player... and if the issue stops, re-enable them 1 by 1 until you find a culprit.

Perhaps temperature check or OCCT psu test, tough the last one strains hardware pretty hard, so don't hold me responsible. GPU-z should be able to log temperatures of your GPU when you play to a txt file.

It would also help if you reformatted your post a bit and listed things that happen and when, and what did you try to solve them, without having to read through the wall of text that seems a bit chaotic. This is just my opinion on a matter and I am entitled to have it, not a fact.

Cheers

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  n3mbot

hi then , glad someone at least responded anything at all.

Now, sure you are entitled to think whatever you want , but neither what i wrote can be labeled as a wall of text or even chaotic , unless you don´t actualy read it.

- it was the bare essential to try and describe my problem as clearly as possible and start a possible troubleshooting with someone.

- i did not list what i have done so far because that yes would have been way worst than a wall of text, i resumed my problem the best i could and i was prepared to run and present any test that some engineer would have found suited for the task at hand.

- lots of people complain about the performance of the RELIVE recording function , yet AMD is almost silent and seems to ignore 99% of the users problems just spitting driver after driver fixing nothing about it.

what i expected from this forum was support ,not a magic answer, i have seen a few "oficial" AMD representatives over here and as an AMD customer i guessed i was  entitled to said support without moral lessons, not everyone knows how to make well formated and pretty posts and i dont think that should be a requirement to be eligible for help in the  brand  customer support forum.

i already had to "relive" fraps and OBS to have my recordings done , although i paid AMD for this functionality, someone should at least care a bit more especialy when the product is still in its early days and needs a lot of work, audio desincs, overlay that stops working , screen flickering and in my case all this and  freezes.

hope this time around the post was easier to read.

now...is  anyone  able or willing to actually try and  help over here?

angryuser1

Please try DDU trick and at least 2 different driver versions. If you want help, then at least try the tips you got already, or write that you tried them earlier and they didn't work.

You didn't provide full INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION ,  operating system used or driver versions you have tried are missing.

This is also community forum for user to user help, if you want dedicated amd support from their employee or volunteer staff, you need to mail them with a contact form.

Source:  IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

It's true amd posts here too, but I don't think they're obliged to respond to all posts. Moreover, I suspect they post here in their free time, trying to help. I understand you are frustrated about your issue, but there's no reason to be venting it here by complaining and writing statistic numbers from outer space - people have issues, so they write about them. People that don't, stay silent, so writing something happens to 99% people is just ignorant.

Imagine that You are the one responding to posts here, and most of the posts don't even have driver version included in them, posting that game X doesn't work.

Nothing more, day after day, people asking for help without even reading 2 short stickied threads. How much time would you waste each day by writing a question to these people asking them to provide such information? When would your patience end? If you spent so much time doing that, would you have any time left for actual work?

And yes, it was much easier to read, thanks.

n3mbot

hi again , first and foremost i want to apologise if i came across as a rude entitled person, i am not , just the lack of support from AMD or even someplace we could go to get some official help on top of your post that didn´t help much made me vent a bit , we are all human , im sure you understand.

second i didn´t really knew this was a community only forum , i really thought this was an AMD oficial forum with real AMD staff , and that you were one of them , for that im also sorry , i really have a lot of simpathy for people that are willing to help others more than the brand itself.

this said im not a computer noobie and i tryed more stuff than the one i would like to list to try and solve my problem , still im going to answer later to

the post below from kingfish  ,with all the details required, relive even records the freezes so that wouldn´t be a problem to show as i can replicate the problem very easily.

and i never said 99% have problems or the same problem , i said 99% dont get an answer to their problems in all the forums i came across trying to solve my own , its a completly different thing and although its still a deep space statistic it reflects what me and others as AMD users feel when we need help.

all in all, thank you for kickstarting the thread.

• Re: System Freezing When Using Relive and Instant Reply RX 480
                      n3mbot

hey hi again , just one thing i noticed now, a post with recent activity doesn´t get bumped to the top why?

this prevents ongoing issues and discussions from being visible getting buried by every litlle question that never gets answered and i dont think that is a good thing, plenty of moderation seems to be going on here , no need to have the forum behave like this i think.

kingfish

Providing the information below will get you a faster response from the community.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
                        • Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 290X
                      • Desktop or Laptop System
                        • If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop
                      • Operating System
                        • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
                      • Driver version installed
                        • E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12
                      • Display Devices
                        • Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate; e.g. Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
                        • One line for each display device connected
                      • Motherboard
                        • Make and model; e.g. Asus P8P67 Deluxe
                      • CPU/APU
                        • Make and model number; e.g. FX 9590
                      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
                        • E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold
                      • RAM
                        • Amount of memory installed; e.g. 16GB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
                      • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
                      • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
                      • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue
                        amdmatt

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.  This should encourage community participation in your discussion.

I see you are already getting help from our community members, providing important information will enable a better response from the community.

Have you tried using the previous build of Windows or an older Crimson driver? That might be the quickest solution to your issue.