20 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2017 9:07 AM by kingfish

AMD HD8750m driver install freeze

marius939

Hello fellow AMD users. I have a problem with my Acer Aspire E1-572G(i5 4200u and hd8750), I cannot install any driver for the graphics card, I don't have any amd application installed, it's just the base driver that it is installed(15.201.1001.0) from windows10 install. I already tried to update the driver like 6 times and still no result, screen will freeze at "Installing AMD Display Driver". First and 2nd time I tried to install it over the 15.201, of course it didn't work. 3rd time I tried DDU to remove the old driver and install the new one. Froze again. I had the intel graphics driver that came with windows 10, version 10.18.15.4248 during that time installed. Next I tried AMD cleanup utility, didn't work either. well actually it froze when it was removing the driver and I hard reset it then I couldn't reset windows so I clean installed it. Now and before windows was at the latest version. Next I tried the clean clean install of both video drivers. Newest intel one worked (15.40.xx.xxxx), then I tried the amd one again after uninstalling it from device manager and then ddu. AND IT DIDN'T work. So i'm kinda running out of ideas here, if you could help me it will be much appreciated. I also note that I have bios version 2.04 while the latest is 2.17, shall I try to install it? I don't know how though. also the latest amd driver on their website(acer) is version 13.201 on windows 8 x64 and the latest intel one is 10.18.15.4248(same one on the pc at the moment). I really don't know what to do, I don't even see any amd options or application of any sort installed, its just the base driver.