AnsweredAssumed Answered

ASUS Strix RX 480 Crashes in every game after menu.

Question asked by alepirchi on May 6, 2017
Latest reply on May 31, 2017 by andreluisos

Hello, my setup is the following:

►AMD Ryzen 7 1700 w/Wraith Spire Cooler
►ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard
►2x8gb Corsair Vengance 2400Mhz (On A1 and A2 Slots, no dual channel)
►ASUS ROG Strix RX480 8gb
►Topower Powerbird 1200W 80Plus PSU

►Radeon Crimson ReLive 17.4.4

I already underclocked the memory and dissabled the default off cooling from ASUS.

Whenever I try to open a game I can get into the menus but as soon as the game finishes to load it just crashes, and sometimes show the error GPU not responding or DX11 crash.
It happens in every game I tried so far:

RE7 (WORKS WITHOUT WATTMAN ENABLED)

Need For Speed (WORKS WITHOUT WATTMAN ENABLED)

We Happy Few (WORKS WITHOUT WATTMAN ENABLED)

Outlast 2 (WORKS WITHOUT WATTMAN ENABLED)

BeamNG Drive (WORKS WITHOUT WATTMAN ENABLED)

Mirrors Edge Catalyst (WORKS WITHOUT WATTMAN ENABLED)

GTA V (WORKS WITHOUT WATTMAN ENABLED)

The Sims 3 (WORKS WITH WATTMAN ENABLED)

Battlefield 1, 3, 4 and Hardline (WORKS WITHOUT WATTMAN ENABLED)

Doom (WORKS WITH WATTMAN ENABLED)

Just Cause 3 (CRASHES AFTER MENU)

Quantum Break (CRASHES AFTER MENU)

UPDATE: I have installed AMD Software 17.5 and the problem persists, so far no aplication that relies on the GPU seems to work, Premiere Pro on the Mercury Plaback Engine works fine until I try to open a game and the Driver crashes so I get a white screen on the preview. Minecraft works fine even with graphics mod and big texture packs.

UPDATE 5-30-17: I have completly uninstalled every AMD driver in the computer and rolled back to 17.4.4, but this time I did not accept Wattman terms and conditions, when a game starts it plays ok and no problems appear, but Just Cause 3 and Quantum Break hace a GPU Driver not responding after going through the menus, also, performance is great in games that do work, no stutter or anything noticed. The AMD Radeon Settings app crashes randomly, but not during gaming, and the screen freezes for a few moments, audio continues normally but I get no message after the freeze, before I had the message displaying "AMD Wattman settings were set to default due to an unexpected system error".

PD: I know  the PSU is not the best but It ran a AMD 7950 Two-Crossfire without issues during the course of 3 years.

NOTE: The Graphics card is currently plugged in to 3 monitors and a TV.

Thanks for everybody and I hope you can help me since I built this PC only a Week ago and could not play anything ever since.

Outcomes