3 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2017 8:10 AM by amdmatt

R9 270 Artifacts Black Screen

eugenderzerstörer

Hello,

I am having a problem with the latest AMD Drivers causing my PC not to startup properly.

After my Computer started displaying only lines and dots etc. on the desktop a few minutes after startup, I installed new Drivers.

Although every time I tried to install them I would get errors and the installation crashed. Every time there was a different file causing the crash.

Then after I used DDU to delete all the old Drivers, the installation worked out fine but when I clicked on Install in the AMD interface I got a black screen (not the short black screens that always appear when installing new Drivers, but a forever lasting black screen).

Then I had to start Windows in Safe mode and remove the driver to be able to startup in normal mode.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Specs:

AMD RADEON R9 270 2g (Not Overclocked)

Intel I7 4790 (Not overclocked)

No Drivers (Reason for this post)

Windows 10 64bit

LG 24GM77 1920*1080 144hz

16gb ram

• Re: AMD Driver Causes Startup Problems
          amdmatt

I have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.  This should encourage community participation in your discussion.

Have you tried a clean install of Windows? I would suggest this to rule out a dirty OS as a cause of the black screen.

Once you've clean installed the OS, update Windows fully and then install our latest 17.5.1 drivers.

With the drivers installed, navigate to Radeon Settings > Gaming > Global Settings > Wattman and set the Power Limit to +50% or whatever the maximum is and click apply. If you made it this far without a black screen, test stability for a while.

If the above fails, it sounds like the GPU could be faulty. If you can try it in another system, that may help to confirm.