AMD Graphics Card
- AMD R9 270X by Saphhire
- Desktop or Laptop System
- Custom Desktop
- Operating System
- Windows 10 64bit
- Driver version installer
- Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.4.3 onwards
- Display Devices
- BenQ XL2411, DVI, 1920x1080 @144Hz
- Asus M5A99FXPRO R2
- FX 8320
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- Cooler Master 550W Bronze
- 8GB Adata 1866 CL10
Various Problems upon 17.4.3 & beyond
I had 17.4.2 installed for weeks without issue but when I updated to 17.4.3 via Radeon settings itself...(and subsequently also to 17.4.4) I encountered various problems including :-
1) Random BlueScreens with messages like atikmad.sys, .dlls, Kernel power failure
2) Fifa 17 would ALWAYS crash when launching any game showing message - GPU out of memory
3) BF4 would SOMETIMES freeze or crash without any message
4) Unable to install or uninstall properly versions like 17.4.2 or 17.4.3 or 17.4.4 despite using AMD Clean uninstall utility and uninstalling via Control Panel
I would get messages like AMD Radeon Installation encountered a problem and needs to close windows is finding a solution, right before it has to boot. It wouldn't boot and I would then manually and afterwards I get popups like Qt5core.dll & others are missing.
After multiple tries I managed to uninstall Radeon using AMD Clean Uninstall Utility & also via control panel and upon booting I expected to see basic vga graphics but was surprised to see Full HD Desktop with version 16.6 installed.
Apart from suggestions for a proper solution, I want to know what version of Radeon is supposed to be stable, that I shall install. I want to use newer features like Relive and also Mantle but 16.6 release notes probably say Mantle may crash in BF4 and I remember it happening in the past with me but cant recall which version. I am apprehensive that 17.4.2 onwards may give me problems.