4 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2017 2:56 PM by george357

Windows 10 CU Issues

george357

NOTE: I ran this system for 3 weeks no problems whatsoever until the following.

I upgraded to Windows 10 1703 Creators Update and the newest release of Radeon drivers from AMDs website and started getting random BSODs of ACPI.sys irql less than or equal and UsbHub3 system exception error. The icql error would happen quicker with a heavy load such as BOINC. The Usb error usually happened when trying to restart or change something in the process of troubleshooting.

I tried in-place and two full reinstalls of Windows 10 CU as well as using DDU for the AMD drivers. I ran a full 2+ hour pass on memtest 86+ wth zero errors and made sure every possible update was installed, including the latest BIOS. 3x visits with Microsoft Support with two being remote access, wherein they also verified newest installed drivers.

This issue was never resolved, I went back to the Anniversary Update and have been stable (under basic use) so far for the last 15 hours. I would like to try and find any possible fixes for this so I can be completely up-to-date.

My System

Ryzen 1800x no OC

Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 Mobo with F6 BIOS set to optimized defaults.

Sapphire Nitro+ 8GB OC and factory settings (I did have to apply a 3% HDMI scaling setting to properly view my TV.)

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD x2 (One Boot Drive and One for game)

Seagate 4TB Media Drive

WD 1TB Backup drive

Corsair K70 RGB KB

Logitech G602 Wireless Mouse

3x 20" Monitors (2 HP and 1 Acer)

1 50" LG Plasma TV connected through a Sony 7.1 Receiver.

Thrustmaster 16000M joystick and thruster (HOTAS)

• Re: Windows 10 CU Issues
          goodplay

Was the upgrade offered, or did you force it. MS did post a blog (with warning), tenforums.com/windows-10-news/82861-windows-10-creators-update-rollout-first-phase-update.html

creators update.PNG

You may find someone who can offer a possible fix/workaround on that forum.

I don't plan on upgrading for few months.

gkeawe

I'm not sure how Gigabyte can have only two BIOS updates on your motherboard, when my Asus Prime B350-Plus has 7 BIOS updates since the release of Ryzen. Something is not right with Gigabyte. There's no mention of a bios updates fixing memory issues, compatibility, stability or enhancements. Only 2 BIOS updates the original and an  update to CPU AGESA 1004a. Not saying that your issue is related to the lack of bios updates but it is certainly possible given Asus has addressed memory issues in there BIOS updates.

This is suspect " ACPI.sys irql less than or equal and UsbHub3 system exception error. " I would re-install the AM4 chipset drivers again.

I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 OS Build 15063.250 no issues so far.

george357

There are actually 4 BIOS Updates for the Gaming 3, F2-F6. The board has been great for me thus far. I did try multiple times with the chipset driver using DDU to remove all AMD then reinstall manually with the same results. Maybe the May AGESA code will rectify the issue once it gets rolled into a BIOS update.