4 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2017 4:26 PM by tugrul_512bit

RX 470 Weird Voltage Spike

inj3ct8r

Hi I bought asus strix rx 470 and running at 1250 mhz memory 1650 mhz voltage 1.150 in gpu tweak but in game sometimes is see voltages goes to 1.200 ~ 1260 on its own rarely for a second both on gpu-z and hwinfo. Most of times is 1.140v but i dont know why its go higher i just use many drivers but nothing. I am worry if it can harm my gpu. Also rarely sometimes i have no signal issue in games and need to hard reset to get back a signal. What can i do? Thanks

• Re: RX 470 Weird Voltage Spike
          skyfrog

Having the same issue with rx 470 strix... Can't even RMA it because it's just badly optimized and drivers are simply horrid... I noticed that when i changed my PSU to 630w, the black screen happens more rarely, so that MIGHT help you. What PSU do you have? Do you use HDMI or DVI? What MOBO and CPU do you use?

inj3ct8r

My PSU is 700w never had any issue before upgrading graphic card. I connected monitor with dvi and a tv by hdmi but i disabled tv when im in game. Core i5 6600 and asus h170 pro gaming... The black screen for me is very rare but i am worry if my gpu is faulty and the same i cant rma it in my country because they say the card is fine. I cant even upgrade the driver to last ones because it have problem with forza horizon 3 and amd didn't fix it after many updates!! i am now concern about voltage because i see it hit 1.250v for a second on its own. I hope i can find a solution

tugrul_512bit

Isn't it load line calibration overshoot when workload is lifted? It was in my HD7870 hawk too but it didn't have any signal issues. When I closed furmark, it was overshooting equal to vdroop which was around 40-50 mV.