I just bought a new AMD-GPU and installed it into my computer. After finding and installing the latest driver(version 17.4.4) I tried to play a few games. Every single game crashed and the error messages were very similiar("renderer crashed","unable to initialize directx device","Unable to launch game in Fullscreen Mode",...). I also tried to watch movies via the VLC Player without a success.
What I tried to fix this problem:
- Used Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU.exe) to remove older driver-versions
- Installed previous drivers for the GPU (version 17.3.1; 17.4.1; 17.4.2; 17.4.3)
- Reinstalled Directx and Directx API
- Reinstalled the games
- Installed some relevant Windows-Updates
- Installed Furmark(Benchmark Testing) and gave it a try. It worked perfectly in window-mode. It throw an error in fullscreen-mode.
GPU: AMD RX 480 (my previous GPU was AMD Radeon HD 7870 OC)
CPU: AMD FX 8350
RAM: Kingston 16gb (~1800Mhz)
MB: Asus M5A97
PSU: bequiet 500W
OS: Windows 7 64-Bit
Thank you for your help.
Hmm, if you overclock something else go back to all default (bios) and see if that works all provided temperatures (GPU/CPU) are fine under load.
I upgraded my GPU just recently too from R9 380 > RX570 and no issues at all (Win7x64)