1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2017 12:53 PM by kxuping

Shiva Prototype

ashevstech

VJxFloQ.jpg

Description

This is my current rig and a base for something more grand later on, hence the "Prototype" moniker. It is also my first rig in an open-air chassis. Typically, the LEDs cycle between blue, white, and (sometimes) green. For the purposes of this photo, they are red, as in AMD Red.

Also, that fan below the rad is the AMD RGB fan that comes with the 1700. It's mostly there for decoration. I just couldn't let a pretty-looking fan go to waste. It is mounted to the case using a 80-to-120mm adapter. On the other hand, I may get a 80-to-140mm adapter printed out just to make it more uniform with the radiator fans, now that I have access to a 3D printer for additional modding. Speaking of fans, I may also change out the radiator fans to something that has a bit more "bling" to it, like Corsair RGB fans. Right now, I'm using overpowered Noctua Industrial fans with white Chromax corners on them.

Lastly, the little cord sticking out from the bottom is an RGB LED cable connected to the RGBW header on the motherboard. I use that to test LED strips at the moment.

Specifications

CPUAMD Ryzen R7 1700 (OC to 3.925 GHz at 1.375v)
      CoolerCorsair H110i
      MotherboardGigabyte GA-AX370 K7
      MemoryTeam Group T-Force Night Hawk 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
      GraphicsSapphire Radeon RX 480 NITRO+
      Disc Drive 1250GB Samsung 960 Evo NVMe SSD
      Disc Drive 2250GB Samsung 840 Evo SATA SSD
      PSUXFX XTR 1050
      CaseThermaltake Core P3
      MonitorLG 29UM57