1 Reply Latest reply on May 3, 2017 4:36 PM by ray_m

AMD Drivers after 15.11.1 (Nov 2016) keep disabling my R9 390 fans

amddriverhater

Every single AMD driver since Crimson was developed has caused the same problem for me; the fans on my R9 390 will suddenly stop working, my card overheats and causes a BSOD, and there we go. When I uninstall using DDU and re-install the last Catalyst driver available (nov 2016, 15.11), the problem goes away. The latest instance happened twice in the last hour, after I had installed the latest Crimson ReLive driver last night at midnight; prior to this, no crashed or problems in the last 2 weeks (during which I had used the aforementioned 15.11 driver);

1- I am watching a stream on Twitch.

2- The screen goes flickers, goes black, comes back.

3- I consult MSI afterburner and see the fan setting at 90% (as I have defined) BUT...

4-...from the usual 38-40 degrees I get when the fans are running at 90% to 48....49...50...increasing 1 degree per second or so.

I have done a complete Windows re-install, downgraded from Win10 to Win7, uninstalled the AMD drivers via control panel and then with DDU in safe mode, nothing seems to correct this. The only time I have any sort of stability is with the amd-catalyst-15.11.1beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-nov14 driver package.