7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2018 7:42 AM by mikemx123

XFX Radeon R9 390 DD other fan not spinning

rekiotsu

Hello. I noticed something weird with my GPU recently, and I haven't found anything about the same thing from these forums, so I decided to make a post about it since I am worried there is something wrong with my GPU

The thing is, that the other fan of my GPU is not spinning at all, until the overall fan speed hits 80% which is when the other fan suddenly starts up at full speed, and I could swear this wasn't the case when I got the graphics card. This same applies when controlling the fan manually from radeon settings, or when playing or running demanding tests and games. As attachment, I have few GPU logs to show this problem in detail. In the logs you'll notice that the fan speed rpm remains 0 until about 80 %, that's probably because the fan speed sensor probably is with the non spinning fan. The first log was taken while running 3Dmark firestrike, and the second one was taken while controlling the fan speed manually from Radeon settings.

So the question remains. Does anyone know what's going on? Is this meant to be (I doubt it) or is there something wrong. I have tried multiple driver version from little older to newest and nothing helps. The logs were taken with the newest drivers (package 17.4.3). Also as a note, I feel like fan problems started with some version of AMD drivers (can't remember which) with which when trying to control the fan speed manually, the fan speed started to fluctuate loudly. Thank you.

core specs of my pc

- XFX Radeon R9 390 DD 8Gb

- Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 motherboard

- Intel Core i5 4590

- 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600

- Corsair non-modular 650W VS-series powersuply

- Windows 10 Pro 64bit