3 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2017 12:38 PM by amdmatt

4K TVs at R9-280X via MST miniDP to 3x HDMI hub with FullHD doesn't work?

bar_brie

Hello guys,

I was running three Samsung FullHD 32" TVs on my R9-280X via active MST hub (miniDP to 3x HDMI Club-3D) successful with Eyefinity - worked w/o problems.

Now I've switched to two 55" UHD LG TVs and one 32" FullHD Samsung TV to get a bigger screen. Same configuration. At system start all three TVs are showing the Bios screen but as soon as Windows 7 starts, only the FullHD TV shows the desktop and both 55" TVs are getting black/no signal.

Running only one 55" TV works on the MST hub but as soon as I connect the second one, both will get dark/no signal.
 Also at restart.

Graphic device in Windows display settings is set to deliver FullHD 1920x1080 with 30Hz because I know that this MST hub can't deliver more than 3x FullHD at 30Hz.

MST hub is 3x HDMI 1.4, but the UHD TVs already have HDMI 2.0a. This shouldn't be a problem because HDMI 2.0a is compatible to 1.4.

HDMI premium cables, TVs and miniDP are crosschecked - they are all fine.

In Radeon software Eyefinity is active but shows the FullHD TV only, so I'm not able to create an Eyefinity group.

In Windows display settings all three TVs are recognized with their correct device name but Windows main screen is always the FullHD TV... both UHD TV settings cannot be changed or saved. The setting patterns are only greyed-out and not changeable. Never saw that before... very strange.

Now my question: since display settings are only FullHD/30Hz, all TVs should only get and show FullHD, right? Why is the "old" one with FullHD working correctly but the "newer" ones with UHD (and also FullHD compatibility) not??? MST support of Club 3D has no solution, they say it must work.

May it be a problem with the graphic card drivers? Have 17.4.3 installed and it works with all old FullHD TVs but not with the new ones.

Any help or suggestions very very welcome. Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Brie

------------------------------------

My desktop system:

- AMD Graphic Card R9-280X with two miniDP

- Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit

- Radeon Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.3

- Two LG 55UH650V FullHD TVs, HDMI 2.0a (also capable of 4K) and one Samsung 32" FullHD TV, HDMI 1.4

- each connected via HDMI at miniDP via Club-3D miniDP-to-3x HDMI MST active hub

- Asus Sabertooth X79 motherboard

- CPU Intel Core i7-4820K, 4x 3.7GHz, 10MB L3 cache

- 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 RAM

- 750W BeQuiet! PowerZone power unit

Important EDIT: I've connected the two UHD TVs and the single FullHD TV via the MST hub to my little Intel NUC i3 miniDP and voilà: it works perfectly!!!

All displays are running smooth and stable with 1920x1080 each and 30 Hz. So I wonder that my expensive i7 PC with AMD Radeon R9-280X isn't able to do the job... this PC was advertised especially for Eyefinity... and now exactly that issue fails.

What do you suggest to get this system running Eyefinity? Driver downgrade? Thank you in advance for your hints. I don't know what to do now... really crazy.

Kind regards, Brie