3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2017 2:29 PM by kingfish

radeon software has been partially installed

leonard232002

Hello , today , when I was searching the problem with ReLive , I saw that someone just found out that a new version appeared , 17.4.4 . Ok , I went on AMD website , I went to R7 200 series , windows 10 , 64-bit and I installed it . Before I clicked the restart button it said : radeon software has been partially installed, something with error 1603 . I went to see the log , and when I scrolled down , at the error messages tab there was nothing . Could it be a bug ? Ok , another question : when I install a new driver , must I uninstall the current and install then new one or should I install the new one directly ? I just installed the new one directly . I pressed local driver , express install , is there a mistake ? And why did the software tell me that system is up-to-date when there appeared 17.4.4 and I had 17.4.3 ????? And tell me more about this ReLive , what should I do to make it work ??? It doesn't record my games . I mention that I have Hiper-V disabled . Sorry for my bad English ...

• Re: radeon software has been partially installed
          kingfish

No you do not have to uninstall the old drivers first. A clean install is used if there were a problem installing the new drivers. There are some users who never uninstall first, just install the new over the old.  If the error reports that there was no error installing the drivers, and the drivers work correctly ...don't worry about the 1603 message. This is assuming you downloaded and installed the correct drivers (desktop computer and not a laptop).

Important information about Crimson ReLive support

Radeon ReLive

• Re: radeon software has been partially installed
              leonard232002

Ok, so we could say this is a bug, because on the error messages tab there's nothing to see when I open the log file . Ok , can you help me with amd ReLive which is not working ? ( when I press the record button, the indicator appears and disappears, and there is not recording in the recordings file. I searched on youtube, and someone said I should reinstall the driver. Ok, so how can I reinstall e driver ( should I just install again the current one ? or should I uninstall the  current one and install the current one ? ) And if I must uninstall and install it , how can I uninstall it ? I find out 2 solutions :

the first one : control panel > uninstall programs > uninstall/modify amd software ; the second one : go to device manager > display adapters > double click on my GPU > drivers tab > uninstall . Which one is better ? Tell me more about this ReLive. Thanks.