0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2017 11:01 PM by cygnus_x1

Radeon Crimson 17.4.3 Issues

cygnus_x1

My computer ( Windows 10 64 bit.....HP 550-103na...it says Radeon R7 graphics + R5 330 dual graphics ) was working fine up until 17.2.1 version of Radeon Crimson Re-Live. For a cheap computer it runs Skyrim, Dishonored, and other games very well indeed.

I also use it for displaying all my home videos..which in 17.2.1 display very well in HD using VLC or Power Media Payer.

But...the minute I upgraded to 17.4.3...problems.  Windows Media Player no longer plays video at all...it just displays a tiny frozen picture. And Power Media Player now brings up a black screen !

VLC and the Films and TV apps still play fine.  But clearly there is some issue with 17.4.3 and various video software.

On a related issue...I did a system restore point immediately before installing 17.4.3. The system restore failed to restore...it gave error messages when I tried to restore it. So I did a complete re-install of Windows from a USB backup I created when I got the computer. But a Windows reinstall does not reinstall the AMD Catalyst software that I had before.

So, I have the worst of both worlds.  Crimson 17.4.3 has issues, and I can't go back to AMD Catalyst.