4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2017 9:21 PM by amaranthus

AMD Crossfire incompatible with two AMD Radeon R7 240 4GB DDR3 Core Edition (Best Buy Exclusive)?

amaranthus

Hello, wonderful community of the AMD world. I've a question for you more experienced members, and hopefully you can help. I've purchased an $80 Radeon R7 240 Core Edition, which has 4GB VRAM, and have ENJOYED the heck out of this card. It's just a great, cheap, 4GB DDR3 card. I recently purchased a second, because the back of the box says "AMD CrossFire™ multi-GPU technology/Dual-GPU scaling-software only" and I figured that it would work with both cards. They are both active in the PC, I have both outputting. But when I enter my AMD Settings application, and go to the "Global" tab in the Gaming menu, there is no option to toggle CrossFire. I'm very confused and distraught, as I don't have that much cash to begin with, so having spent $160 total on two cards that can't even interact, I'm a little mad. As I'm new to the whole "Dual-GPU" thing, I have no idea what's happening. I've attached some images, and linked to the Best Buy page for it. The images detail what I'm talking about.

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond, everyone who does

-CJ

Build-

Windows 7x64 Professional

Intel i3-4150@3.5GHz

MSI MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

CoolerMaster E-Lite Power 460W PSU

4x HyperX 4GB RAM cards

2x 1TB WD Blue Hard disks

1x 240GB SanDisk SSD

(Currently) 2x XFX Core Edition AMD Radeon R7 240 4GB DDR3 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card Black R7-240A-4NFR - Best Buy

I've got a WiFi adapter installed as well, I don't think that matters though.