3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2017 5:40 PM by hans_noob

R9 270X: green screen / frozen after EVERY driver installation

hans_noob

hello!

For 2 years I have my XFX Radeon R9 270X 4gb and it ran flawless. till currently crashing while playing gta v.  I deinstalled the graphic drivers in safe mode using ddu and the amd tool and ever since i get a green screen after booting after installing  a new driver. have tried the latest three ones (17.4.1 and what not)  and several older ones (whql and none). always clean sweeped before in safe mode with ddu etc. ofc.

always same story: instal ANYl driver in normal mode, restart -> frozen in green screen. PLEASE HELP!

might refer to: Can't install driver. Computer freezes and gets stuck on a black screen on boot.

and Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1 freezing computer every time during during installation

system:

- XFX Radeon R9 270X 4gb

- Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD 990FX/SB950/rev4.0 (latest mainboard drivers installed)

- Win 7 SP1 64 Bit

-newest frameworks.net

- newest VC+ (latest update 24/Apr/17)

as fun as monkey island is, I wanna go back to gta and I dislike the idea, that I have a giant mainboard cooler with on-board drivers instead of a gpu ;-) cheers for any help!