2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2017 7:37 AM by avatarc

Does the AMD RX470 (Polaris 10 platform I believe) drivers support VGA VESA Modes including Mode 103?

I have a new GPU card ASUS STRIX-RX470-O4G-GAMING fitted into a DELL XPS420. The RX470 works under Windows 10 64bit however fails to get into the BIOS Setup which is essential. I get "Error: Can't Enter Setup . Video Mode 103 is not supported by this Video Card".

Q1: Does the AMD RX470 (Polaris 10 platform I believe) drivers support VGA VESA Modes including Mode 103?

Originally this PC had ATI Radeon HD 3870 and after a number of years became faulty and beyond repair. I checked the error with ASUS but they have not been very helpful and instead pointed to AMD as the GPU chip is AMD's. OK, the XPS420 is not one of the newer systems but still deserves to live on as has been reliable except for the HD 3870. I also changed the PSU to Corsair RM750i for higher power requirements. I really do not want to go changing motherboard, case etc for cost reasons.

Q2:

Alternative solution.

If the RX470 does not support VESA Mode 103, is it possible to fit 2 graphics cards simultaneously i.e. RX470 in PCIe slot and an additional graphics card in a PCI slot that does support VESA Mode 103? I have a spare PCI slot available for this. My monitor has a DVI and a VGA connectors. So the idea would be to use the VGA interface for BIOS setup.

Q3: What low cost AMD PCI based solution support the essential VGA VESA Modes?

Thanks for your help support.