13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2018 3:15 PM by colesdav

Where DRIVERS for WINDOWS 8.1 and RX 570?!

st99s

I bought your "new" cards, after that rebranding from 4X0 series and I can use it, becose you not release drivers for WINDOWS 8.1!

• Re: Where DRIVERS for WINDOWS 8.1 and RX 570?!
          aenima1985

There's only Windows 7/10 drivers on the disk.

st99s

AMD, shame on your!

2 weeks ago, I asked this topic, and any help or any shifts for helping.

treta3go

No updates on this yet?

I also have windows 8.1 and spent the past two days trying to figure out what is wrong here until I found this. I've ran all sorts of driver uninstallers and updates and nothing, still got that "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" - is that your case too st99s?

Please AMD community, help us out!!

RX570

Desktop

Windows 8.1

- No driver was able to be installed

DVI Monitor AOC

GA-970A-D3P

AMD FX 8350

Brand new Corsair CX450M (bought yesterday thinking it was an issue with the 6pin / 8pin that the GPU Required)

2 x 8GB DDR3

treta3go

Update (solved?)

I updated my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and now it works.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  st99s

Update system to Windows 10 is not a solution! Its ridiculous

kastor

So there is seriously no fix for this?  Why support 400 series but not 500 series?  Will a 400 series driver work for a 500 series card?

I just bought a bus-powered RX 560 for a Windows Server 2012 r2 system (still in mainstream support, not prematurely dropped by Microsoft as far as I know).  It needs a Win 8.1 (or Server 2012 r2) driver.

Don't tell me its because of low 8/8.1 market share.  There are drivers for CentOS, RHEL, SLED/SLES 12 SP2 and Ubuntu.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                        cognicom

Dastardly old thread, I know, but I'll post this for the benefit of others who come after me (and I'm sure there'll be many, as few people are willingly going to pursue the malware route known as Windows 10).

kastor wrote:

So there is seriously no fix for this? Why support 400 series but not 500 series? Will a 400 series driver work for a 500 series card?

I just bought a bus-powered RX 560 for a Windows Server 2012 r2 system (still in mainstream support, not prematurely dropped by Microsoft as far as I know). It needs a Win 8.1 (or Server 2012 r2) driver.

Don't tell me its because of low 8/8.1 market share. There are drivers for CentOS, RHEL, SLED/SLES 12 SP2 and Ubuntu.

I was in precisely the same predicament, Server 2012R2 with an RX560 video card and no official drivers in sight. The last official Windows 8.1 drivers available through AMD were ancient and the most-recent Windows 7 drivers don't recognise the environment nor the card.

With some digging though, I found that version 17.12.1 for Windows 7 x64 works brilliantly with Server 2012R2. Previous drivers had issues with hardware HEVC encoding, whilst subsequent drivers refuse to play on Server 2012R2.

Of course, AMD no longer has version 17.12.1 available for download - so pop into your favourite search engine and hunt for it; there're plenty of copies floating around.

The filename to search for is "win7-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-17.12.1-dec11.exe"

kastor

Thanks Cognicom,

I ended up using version 17.11.2, with less than ideal results.  I'll give 17.12.1 a try as you mentioned.

That's much more helpful than AMD's official reply of 'buy a Pro card' for double the price (because of server OS), which ironically have now also lost Server 2012 R2 support.  AMD now only supports Server 2008 R2 and Server 2016, in addition to Windows 7, 10 & Linux on their Pro cards.

colesdav

This lack of Windows 8.1 64bit driver from AMD is a joke. The last ones for R9 FuryX are Crimson ReLive 17.4.4WHQL or 17.7.1 Optional. I have tried the latest Adrenalin drivers for Windows 7 64bit on Windows 8.1 64bit for brief testing, just to see if it 'works' but even if I were to risk using it Windows 7 64 bit support ends from Microsoft soon. Then what?

Nvidia still release Windows 8.1 64bit drivers for GPU up to and including GTX1080Ti.
                                Nvidia RTX GPU's have no Windows 8.1 64bit drivers available yet but claim they have not dropped support for Windows 8.1 64bit.