5 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2017 12:28 PM by towik

13.12 Vista 0xA0000001 BSOD

towik

Hello

I had to go back to 13.12 ,since I went back to Vista ,from W10 . Since I had some issues and I dint agreed with some stuff ...

Anyway

I would like to know how I can completely turn off the Catalyst's Video management ,like Enhancement ,Color and so on ,mostly Deinterlacing

I am asking since I am getting 0xA0000001 BSOD ,when watching Videos (Seeking ,time jump)

Is it possible to somehow cut the drivers ,or use registry to disable those features completely

Or is it a complete different problem .

• Re: 13.12 Vista 0xA0000001 BSOD
          towik

So far had 3 more BSODs ,one happened 5 minutes ago.

Happened when I clicked on the time line ,to jump ahead .

MadVR ,Potplayer ,LAV codecs .

kingfish

You can disable hardware acceleration in the browser.

towik

What has browser to do with anything ?

kingfish

A lot if it's using hardware (graphics card) acceleration. If you are streaming, you can right click on the movie, etc...and choose to disable it as well (use software rendering). It takes a second to do it...why don't you try?

towik

Still what it has to do with LAV video filter / MadVR ?

So far not a single problem happened while watching any kind of video through a browser ,flash or otherwise.

I tested it with EVR (Video Render) with default (Built-in) and with LAV video ,I was jumping on different files really hard and nothing happened for hours .

The thing i noticed is that when i use LAV video with MadVR it doubles the Width of the video ... example : 1280x720 (Input) will result in (output) 2048x720 o_O ,still shows as 1280x720 ,I fixed that a long time ago when I was on W10 (bleh...) but i dont remember how i did that .

Tested build-in codecs with MadVR and it resulted in normal input to output

Or it may just be something wrong ,or the issue i typed above , i will try removing everything and installing MPC-HC (if i remember correctly)

I wish there was at least 1 Crimson Driver release for Vista 64