11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2017 2:43 AM by alitahir

ReLive not working at all

skylion

Driver Version: 17.4.3

Windows version: Windows 10 64-bit ver 1703 (Creators Update)

GPU: Sapphire R9 380 4GB

I can enable ReLive from Radeon Settings but when I press the shortcut to open the toolbar or to directly record, nothing happens. I also tried to enable desktop recording but I get the same result.

Searching solutions on Internet, I tried to disable Hyper-v from Windows' functionalities but it was already disabled; I tried to disable my DPI scaling since I use 125% resolution; I tried to re-install the drivers both with DDU and with Clean Install from AMD setup itself.

• Re: ReLive not working at all
          jegan13

Driver Version 17.4.3

Windows 10 Professional 64bit 1703

Powercolor Radeon RX480 4gb

I also have this problem.  Even though i hit the hotkeys there is no OSD in the top corners showing Relive recording.  Though if I go into the save folder there is a recorded video.  When I go to play the video it is extremely choppy.  I have the new 1703 game feature toggled off in Settings.  Just as Skylion, I have ran DDU and reinstalled the drivers hoping this would fix the problem but it has not. I will try 17.4.4 now that it has been released.

dadada

Driver Version 17.4.4

Windows 10 Professional 64bit 1703 (15063.138)

Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3Gb

Relive ceased to work after up-dating to win 10 1703 (15063.138). I deleted applications of xbox, switched-off the second monitor, deleted drivers by means of ddu. Didn't help. I will try to set win10 again, but not through auto update.

dadada

I have downloaded a fresh image of win10 from the website of Microsoft, and have executed installation on the formatted section. Now relive works!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                skylion

I've tried to go back to 16.12.2 but it doesn't work even there but I think I've figured something more. Basically it seems that RadeonSettings can't launch the proper files to record. Since I don't know how the recording is started (speaking of executable files), from the Task Manager I could see that amddvr.exe is correctly launched but for example amdow.exe is not. So I tried to run it manually and now the overlay works (if I press the shortcut the overlay appears) but if I try to record, nothing happens. Obviously there is some other program that needs to be run (maybe dvrcmd.exe with some parameters?) but the problem is that this process should be automated. I hope that someone can do something with this information.

dadada

As I have understood, the mistake is connected with d3d9.dll in the system32 folder. Crimson loses to it access. I think that the third-party program of monitoring or profiling can be the cause. It is possible to try to clean from automatic loading all third-party monitoring programs - to msi afterburner, aida64 and volume similar.

skylion

Now I've tried to identify which processes use d3d9.dll by using Microsoft's Process Explorer, disabled them from the startup and rebooted (AfterBurner,RivaTuner, ScpTray for using ps3 joystick on pc and my headset control panel). I checked another time that no process apart from Radeon Settings was using it and it still doesn't work. As before, amdow.exe is not even launched to see the overlay. I've also tried to place d3d9.dll in the radeonsettings.exe folder and it uses that instead of the system32 one but still no luck.

rajkob

My system:

Radeon Software Version - 17.4.4

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Memory Size - 3072 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1030 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz

I have the same problem. Online I found that some have solved their problem disabling Hyper-V feature in Windows and Bios. But when I tried this it didn't help. Can anyone one from AMD reply to this post at all?

skylion

I finally found the solution! All I did was to run cmd as administrator and run the command sfc /scannow. Reading the CBS.log I read that it found a problem with d3d9.dll and it needed to restart the system to repair it. I restarted the pc and run a clean installation of 17.4.4 drivers installing ReLive but when it restarted the ReLive tab was missing. So I clean installed 17.4.3 and now it works!!

jegan13

I ran ddu and installed the 17.5.1 drivers last night.  Relive turns on but theres no overlay in the top corners.  When I run the video it is stop motion. 

Taking Skylion's advice, i ran scannow.  No errors found.  If I have to reinstall Windows, I will but I don't see that as fixing the problem. 

alitahir

I opened

C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext

Installed all the registeries there was in the folder

Then ran a cmd prompt there and

with commands ''amddvr'' and 'dvrcmd''

That did the trick for me and toolbar , recording problems all solved.

Probably there is some error in registering the components