1 Reply Latest reply on May 1, 2017 8:58 PM by ray_m

MSI RX480 Gaming X 8GB card - Crashing in Quake Champions Beta

conceptasaur

Hi there,

I recently purchased an MSI RX480 8GB card to upgrade my machine before Quake Champions beta. It's a nightmare to say the least. It crashes in every single game of Quake Champions and it's frustrating as hell. I've tried every drivers version, I've updated my mobo bios, I've fiddled with Wattman settings, I reinstalled my entire OS as a clean install. Nothing works. In the first round of beta, I was having a similar issue and I was able to fix it using wattman and turning down the frequency.. (which is ridiculous in the first place.. shouldn't have to downclock) - I got it working for about 10 games... but it came back for the 2nd and 3rd rounds of beta. It has to be the card, because other cards have worked fine (i tried 2 diff nvidia cards - my old shitty one & my friends 1060)

The problem is undoubtedly the card, and from a quick look through the internet... lots of people are having crashing issues with these chips. I'm absolutely dismayed because I've been a firm nvidia guy for the past 10 years, and I finally decided to give ATI another go... and here we are. Please help.

i5-2500k

12 GB RAM (G skill)

500 GB SSD

Gigabyte UD3H-B3 Z68X mobo (bios version F12)

Windows 10 Pro

Drivers: tried them all (currently 17.4.3)

BenQ XL2411Z monitor 144 hz

ocz Fatal1ty 750 W PSU