1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2017 7:27 AM by amdmatt

LG monitor wont display untill i trick it by switching back and forth using Extend the displays.

slyreaper

so i have a dual monitor set up with two LG monitors. one is older one is newer. When I start my pc the old monitor connected by DVI comes right on as it should. my newer monitor 23EA63 connected by HDMI will come on, then filcker with the correct screen for a moment then go black... some times it repeats this some time is just stays black. Most of the time it just cycles like this until I do something about it.

so I find that if I go into Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution and change multiple displays to just my second screen ( which is really my first screen) letting the newer lg go into its " checking signal" mode, then once the message appears .... something like HDMI signal not found entering into power saving mode shortly, i can switch it back to " extend the displays, which repeats the blinking on and off cycle. The odd thing is if I do this 3-5 times the LG monitor will come on and stay on and work just fine untill I power down the pc for longer than about 10 min. If i put it to sleep or restart it before about 10 min the monitor will come on just fine again, but not if i let it sit. Then I will have to redo the whole process which kind of eliminates having a computer that can start up in 8 seconds.

I believe this is a graphics card issue and not a monitor issue, although im not completely positive. I feel like there is some super secret setting im missing. I have tried to turn off the power saving mode on the monitor and have also turned on HDMI link assurance in CCC

Equipment im using.

XFX Double D FX-787A-CDBC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition Black Edition

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 6 Feet (Latest Standard) 

LG Electronics EA63 27EA63V 27-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor  (problem Monitor)

LG W1952TQ  (working fine)