5 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2017 2:59 PM by rebelyell

Ryzen 1700x, vcore spontaneously jumps to 1.45+

zeat

Hi, as the title says, some times my vcore jumps to 1.45, and it doesn't matter what I'm doing. Something as simple as opening the browser or Skype can make it jump. However, it's only momentarily, it's not constant 1.45. The newest game I have is Mass Effect Andromeda, when I play that game (on ultra settings), it's running at 1.256 vcore without any volt-swings (with 4 cores running at 3.5 ghz). The maximum my cores have reached is 3.9 ghz. My temperatures seem quite high as well. I've used AMD Master Utility, CPU-Z and HWMonitor, they all show the same. I'm running with the newest BIOS update. I haven't touch any settings, these values are from default stock settings. However if I disable "Core Performance Boost" in BIOS, my CPU only ever reach 1.208 vcore, and the cores never exceed 3.4 ghz.

My spec is MSI Tomahawk B350 motherboard. 1700x Ryzen. Corsair 16gb 3200 mhz (running at 2400 though) ram. Corsair 750w PSU. RX 480 gpu.

ryzen vcore.png

I have attached a screenshot of the info from HWMonitor. These values are quite usual, though I've seen my temperature over 80 degrees.