1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2017 9:34 AM by amdmatt

Help needed with Wattman Error on my R9380 4Gb OC Edition

savagegamingaf

Hi fellow AMD lovers, I would really love some help or input on my situation.

Just to let you know my setup first. I'm running an I5 6600k on an MSI Z170 Gaming M3 M/b, 8Gb DDR4 Hyper X Fury, MSI R9 380 4Gb OC Edition running version 17.4.2. I'm also running a 2560x1080 display.

My problem is that since the last two or three updates I've been getting the "wattman settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure" message (which I'm sure you all have heard of already).  The thing is, this message only appears when I start my video editing or gaming applications. The end result is that I need to restart the program/s and everything runs fine after that. At first I thought it may be MSI afterburner that may be conflicting with Wattman but even turning that off didn't help. I've tried to access Wattman but to no avail. As far as I'm aware this is only available on RX400 series cards hence why I use afterburner. The confusion is why would an RX400 series feature affect my R9 300 series card?

Can anyone shed some light on a solution to eliminate this error from popping up, because besides it being darn frustrating, it just feels so wrong with all the cool new things AMD is doing lately, and I just cant shake the feeling that there is a simple solution that I'm overlooking. 

Thanks for any input guys all help will be much appreciated

Savage Gaming