4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2017 5:16 AM by karcyon

XFX RX 470 stuck @100% load when in Idle

codehex

Hello everyone, i join you to try to resolve an isseue occours on my XFX RX 470 Triple X SIngle fan.  http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/amd-radeon-rx-400-series/rx-470-rs-4gb-sf-triplex-rx-470p4sfd5

My sys specs are:

MB MSI 970 Gaming, updated with last bios.

CPU AMD FX-6300 @ default stock

2x4 Ram module 2 GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix Sport Hi profile (8 GB Total)

PSU Corsair TX 650 v2

2 HDD Hitachi 500 GB 7200 rpm

XFX RX 470 Triple X single Fan ( RX-470P4SFD5 )

Sysop Windows 10 Anniversary edition 64 bit

The problem:

After 5/6 min of power on, the VGA starts to auto power up clocks, from step 1 (300 mhz) to step 7 (1226 Mhz) in Idle. The power absorbed by GPU is about 60/70 W and the GPU reaches 100% load (with no apps runs).

I have investigate more on web and some users report a 100% GPU load when infected by a Virus type Bitcoin, so i have downoaded all stuff for hunt this "Virus" on my pc but i have found no infestations.

But when i have launched a software called JRT (from Malawarebytes) the problem is solved (temporarily). The GPU come back @0%, speeds clock 300 mhz and Wattage go down at 10/12 Watts in Idle.

In fact this software kill all apps and services not necessary and this include the AMD control panel that runs in background.

At this point I need your help to further investigate the process that causes this 100% GPU load.

But i suspect strongly the AMD control panel... In this case maybe not a virus but a bug of Crimson drivers.

Before you ask, yes i have tried all versions of Crimson, since 16.2 WHQL from Windows Update ,to the new 17.4.3 WHQL released some days ago and still running in my PC, without results.

And before you ask, Yes i have installed every version of Crimson after a clean up with DDU run in safe mode.

And before you ask, Yes i have try changed pci slot, i have try various configurations of PCI 6 pins power cable and in every configuration i have blue Led on and no issues with my PSU.

Maybe will try a fresh clean reinstall of drivers only, without Crimson pakage? Its possible? is yes, what is the procedure to make this installation?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me

• Re: XFX RX 470 stuck @100% load when in Idle
          codehex

Update.

I Have tried to play some games without Crimson running in background, and works! I have play over 1 hour without any issue at Neverwinter online, and when i have closed the game, the GPU usage is back to normal idle 10%.

So is the Crimson interface that have issues, and if i not use it, the VGA card work.

Now the question is, can i install only the drivers in my pc without the Crimson package? I have a VGA that doesnt have hardware faults, but only drivers issues, so i do not return back in RMA warranty. The driver question is about You AMD, so please helpme to solve this issue why its your drivers that doesnt work, ops! Your drivers work, but theyr interface Crimson really not. So i must have a fresh install of these drivers without Crimson running in background to work. And to do this i need your help!

amdmatt

We investigate a lot of issues, but this is the only report we've had of an issue like this so it is isolated to your system.

Typically in this scenario a virus or malware will cause the GPU to run at 100% usage. You mentioned that running Junk Removal Tool (JRT) from Malwarebytes fixes the issue, so it sounds like your computer is infected with a virus or Malware. Malwarebytes | Junkware Removal Tool

codehex

I have scanned my pc with all stuff from every antivirus . karsperky, Eset, malwarebytes, Avira... So if they have found nothing, mean that in my pc there is no infections. Btw the problem is solved now, i have reinstall everything and problem seems to be gone, maybe a glitched driver? But i have to shutdown Crimson interface to make my pc working. So i have installed only the VGA and Audio drivers, lowered the GPU clock from 1226 to 1026 mhz and memory clocks from  1750 to 1600, the VGA seems stable now, but i dont have spent my money to get a VGA that runs lowerclocked and with hardware drivers only to avoid crashes.  If use again Crimson and standard freq clocks, i have a VGA driver crash every 3 minutes. Well done AMD.

karcyon

Did you find a solution? I am having the same issue.