5 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2017 11:47 AM by valkyrie_ncg

r9 fury cant go up to 144hz on a 21:9, previously it did. help please

shawarma05

So, i recently bought a ryzen 7 cpu and upgraded my system. i formatted all my drives and did a clean install of  windows 10 and all drivers. but when i was going to set my monitor's(LG 34UC79G-B ultrawide) refresh rate to 144hz in the display adapter settings, the maximum refresh available was only 100hz. also, i've been having this message upon start up since the upgrade "The system has detected a link failure and cannot set the requested resolution and refresh rate. Your display might not support the requested resolution or there may be an issue with the cable connecting the display to your computer."

previously, i was able to set it to 144hz. i've tried using a different display port, but nothing happened, i connected my pc to my brother's monitor (benq 144hz 16:9) and it was able to go up to 144hz. my brother has a nvidia gpu so we connected it to my monitor and it was able to go up to 144hz. i've updated the monitor's driver already, and i've tried using old amd drivers but i'm still stuck at 100hz. i dont know what's wrong but apparently, my GPU can't scale anymore to 144hz on an ultrawide. If anybody has any idea what else i can do, it'd be a great. otherwise, i'll wait for the next update and maybe they have sorted this out.

Monitor: LG 34UC79G-B (2560x1080 144hz freesync) - freesync turned ON

PC specs before:

CPU- i5 6600k

Mobo- Gigabyte Z170x gaming 5

GPU- Sapphire r9 Fury tri-x oc+

RAM- g.skill ripjaws v 3200mhz 16gb(2x8)

PC specs now:

CPU- ryzen 1800x

Mobo- Asus Crosshair VI

GPU- Sapphire r9 Fury tri-x oc+ (SAME)

RAM- g.skill ripjaws v 3200mhz 16gb(2x8) (SAME)