AnsweredAssumed Answered

Recommendation for photography--image processing

Question asked by nantucketbob on Apr 17, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 20, 2017 by nantucketbob

My DLSR makes almost 40 Mb Raw image files and large MP4 files.  I routinely upload a few dozen images and videos from an SD card.  I edit the images in PhotoShop and Lightroom CC, and do some simple editing of the videos (cut and paste, mostly cutting to make the file smaller.) I backup twice every day.   I want to build a new computer.  I want the fastest "Maximum PC" for this job, but no more.  Suggestions for the CPU and motherboard?  My computer is 6 years old and a lot has changed, and I am beginning to catch up.  I would consider overclocking if it were recommended, but I have never done it.  I need a fast USB card reader, also. 

For those interested, I will get a fast SSD for a C: drive for programs only. I use two hard drives for data, one for music and docs, and the second 2T drive for images (my current 1T drive is getting full.).  I would like two backup drives in the case, one for each of the data drives, for a total of 5 drives.  (I have external USB backup drives, also.)  My two current computers use Cooler Master Centurian cases, and I could use one of them for the new build, but I am open to suggestions. 

This is my first post so I hope it is appropriate.  I have built four computers, all with AMD CPUs.  

Outcomes