3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2017 11:25 AM by amdmatt

Can't change processor in Switchable Graphics

helsing001

On my laptop I have an integrated video card - Intel HD Graphics 5500 - and a dedicated video card - AMD Radeon R5 M330.

I'm trying to play Fifa 17. I can't get past the load screen before the match starts.

I assumed that maybe the game doesn't use the AMD card, so I tried changing it in the Switchable Graphics tab so that Fifa 17 will run in High Performance mode.

I click on the button that says 'Not assigned', I change the value to 'High Performance', I press Apply and.. the value is back again to 'Not assigned'

The driver details:

AMD.png

Do you know why?

I believe the Intel GPU is used because in the Application Monitor Fifa doesn't show up (and recently I got an error in the load screen mentioning something about Intel). On the other hand it's weird because until yesterday I only got the drivers installed for the Intel card and Fifa was loading (but the framerate was bad), yesterday I realised that maybe with the AMD GPU the framerate will be better, I installed the driver and now I can't get past the load screen (and can't change to High Performance either).

Thank you in advance!