4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2017 6:28 PM by ray_m

Driver disappears after updating, randomly.

misterpalmos

I have a Dell Inspiron 5459 running on Windows 10 64 bit. I have switchable graphics, Intel HD 520 and an AMD Radeon R5 M335. Now, the last update for the AMD driver from Dell's official support page http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/9XSJM72/drivers was July 18, 2016.

Here's the problem. When I update through the AMD site or desktop app, it will finish installing smoothly. No problems for a few days. Then randomly, no exact days or weeks, it will be gone. Like when I do the right click and select AMD Radeon Settings, it will say no AMD driver installed or something. I will then reinstall the driver from Dell. I can't seem to keep the latest updates. You might say, try the newest version. I have been! Every chance I get, I install the latest updates. But I've grown tired of uninstalling and reinstalling the driver from the Dell site.

Anyone encountered this problem? Please, if there's a workaround this let me know! The latest drivers from AMD work fine, it's just that after a while, it goes away for no damn good reason. I install the lastest Windows updates, I now have the Creator's update.

Regards,

Allan