0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2017 1:40 AM by sg8berg1720

R9 280x 3gb drivers wont install

sg8berg1720

currently saying ive got 16.15.2211-160321a301...... partially installed

the updated is offering 16.12.2 or 16.5.1

keep getting the 1603 error tried all of this below

1. Repair System Registry and Files

Run the Windows Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) and System File Checker (SFC) tools as Administrator. The DISM and SFC tools scan the integrity of the Windows image and all protected system files replaces corrupted, damaged and incorrect versions. 

Done both no errors on my system, tried to reinstall the newest drivers and still got 1603

2.  Update Windows

The AMD Installer requires Windows to be fully updated.  Please run Windows Update and apply all available critical and important updates.

Tried this ive got 4 updates pending installation but when i try ot install them, windows unable to configure them and restores to how my pc is now,

3.  Resolve driver and software conflicts

Driver cleaning software, such as the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility or Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU), can completely remove any existing or damaged driver files and registry entries, thereby allowing a successful installation of the latest AMD driver software package.

For instructions on how to use and download the AMD Clean Uninstall Tool, please visit this page.  Display Driver Uninstaller can be downloaded here.

Note!  DDU is a third party application. Please refer to the program documentation for more information, it is to be used at your own risk.

ive tried this as well no help

4.  Antivirus Software and Definitions

Please ensure the antivirus software and definitions are up to date and temporarily disable your antivirus software until the installation of the AMD driver package software is complete.

Both anti virus / firewall / antimalware is up to date and is disabled during installation, Commodo internet security 10 & Malware bytes

5.  Download and use the latest AMD Installer from the Driver + Download Center.  For instructions on how to install the Radeon Software Crimson Edition driver, please see article: How-To Install AMD Radeon™ Software on a Windows® Based System

Yes to this as well

installer log attached

can somebody please help the amd driver now crashes while playing games, didnt before i tried to update