Hi. This is my first time using this forum.
While trying to get 64-bit virtualization using VirutalBox on my HP Pavilion 15 I am not able to figure out how to enable the hardware virtualiztion.
The processor is:
AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon HD Graphics.
The BIOS is HP EUFI (I think I got that right) and I cannot find an option in the menus that allows me to enable the AMD-v (the hardware virtualization. I came across this link:
I says to:
- Download External Design Specification document for AMD A10.
- Now, check what are the registers needs to be modified for enabling Virtualization, later.
- Read very carefully, how the feature works, also check for AMD POR why this function was not enabled in BIOS.
- If it is okay to enable, then use ReadWrite Everything utility, access these registers and modify them, restart your system.
- If it works then, create a application and put in startup path, so whenever you boot to windows that application will be executed.
While I would really like to find an option in the BIOS that would allow me enable the virtualiztion, I am exploring the above list as an option. I cannot find the external design specifications for the AMD A10.
While I would still like to browse through the specs for the processor, I was able to access the BIOS using reboot, press esc, then F10 to access the BIOS. My misunderstanding was that UEFI (that's the acronym) was a complete replacement for BIOS. There is a virtualization option in the BIOS, but is not accessible through UEFI.