Current Hardware Profile:
Video Cards: (2) Strix ROG Radoen RX470 8GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Asus P5E3 Premium (AI)
Core 2 Quad 3.0Ghz Q9650 processor - 4 x (2GB) Corsair 1333Mhz DDR3 Ram CL9 - 2TB Sata WD Black Caviar Hard Drive - Windows 10 64Bit - 850 Watt Corsiar PSU
I primarily use these graphics cards to output video using the DVI Ports because I utilize 4 DVI Monitors.
Each graphics card has a pair of DVI ports which as of 2 Days ago were showing fine on the 4 monitors
I had received a notification from the AMD Radeon Settings software that I needed to upgrade to version 17.4.1 of the drivers upgraded to the latest AMD Drivers using the link given from the AMD notification.
After the update my system can no longer output to my 4 monitors. It instead sends output to 2 monitors from either the first or the second card but not both cards.
The system does not detect the 2nd pair of monitors through the cards as it had done before for some strange reason. I
have tried to diagnose the problem by:
1) removing and reinstalling the drivers. - no success
2) removing drivers for the previous version of drivers - same problem no success
3) swapping the cards in the pcie ports please refer to mboard link above to see layout of pcie ports on mboard. - monitors show on either first or second pair on graphics cards upon restart but not both - no success
4) removing 2 dvi monitor cables from either top or bottom pair of cards. - no success
5) configuring the windows software. Right click desktop - select display settings - 'Customise my display' now shows only 2 monitors instead of 4. Tried Detecting and extending but nothing shows up regarding the additional monitors as it did before the update.
6) Also 'device manager - Display Adapters' - now shows only a single 'Radeon TM RX 470 Graphhics' option instead of 2 as it did before.
7) Tried the catalyst control centre but the system quite simply and rather oddly does not detect the 2nd video card
8) I also have Asus GPU Tweak 2 version 1.3.6 and it does not detect the 2nd video card
9) Ran CPU ID - CPU Z Software Does not detect it under the graphics tab
10) As of 12.04 2017 (d.m.y) I had only just installed version 17.4.2 of the (optional graphics card drivers and it seems that the 2nd video card is no longer showing at all on the system:
Present Benchmark test with 3DMark Showing only one card presently detected even though both are installed after driver update: AMD Radeon RX 470 video card benchmark result - Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9650,ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5E3 Premium
11) Former Benchmark test with 3DMark Showing both video cards present but still only showing on 2 monitors instead of 4: AMD Radeon RX 470 video card benchmark result - Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9650,ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5E3 Premium
12) Bios of the Motherboard is up to date.
In conclusion there is something seemingly progressively worsening with the detection of the video cards and activation of the drivers detection and output data from the video cards or the drivers and I do desperately need some assistance with the troubleshooting because i presently can no longer detect the video card since the driver update
if anyone here has had some experience with this sort of an issue I would be very grateful. I just need my 4 monitors on again so that i can continue to work on my projects.
The cards are relatively New about 1 week old. If you need any further information please do not hesitate to ask for details.