1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 11, 2018 3:19 PM by h4x0rm1k3

amd ryzen heatspreader made of copper/nickel? - save to use with the liquid ultra heat paste?

hndzm

so aluminium is a big no go with that heat paste and i want to be sure that i can apply it on the cpu without destroying it.

• Re: amd ryzen heatspreader made of copper/nickel? - save to use with the liquid ultra heat paste?
          h4x0rm1k3

Personally, I wouldn't if I were you! I did try  Conductonaut on my Ryzen 2700 and wasn't able to spread the liquid metal on my H80i's copper plate/spreader and when I booted I quickly found that it didn't take and I ended up with WORSE temps than before so I took the CPU out to clean it and found a couple of pitting marks on the CPU heatspreader in a couple of areas so I had to literally polish the crap out of the heatspreader to remove any staining and left over liquid metal which still left the slight pitting but saved the CPU overall thankfully! I actually thought that AMD had kept with the same Copper/Nickel heatspreader that they always had done but it seems that may not be the case!