5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2017 2:44 PM by xnervoushabitx

Problem with Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

al89

Hi,

I am using windows 10 home edition (Samsung 870z5e)

Yesterday i tried to install the new official amd driver for my AMD Graphic Card (8800M) with a clean install. During the process windows update was also installing driver by itself.

At the end, the amd software told me that something went wrong and it suggests me to use  AMD Clean Uninstall Utility or DDU uninstaller. I've used both of them.

Now after some seconds I start windows the system freezes!

Safe mode works but i can't install AMD drivers because the software tell me that it can't recognize the driver i have or sometimes that it has a problem with the digital signature.

From device manager I can see the video card in display adapter .

Also system recovery is useless.

Can you help me?

• Re: Problem with Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers
          kingfish

Take the necessary steps to prevent Microsoft automatically changing/installing different drivers > Windows 10 Forums

Delete all the drivers in the C;/AMD folder.

Install these drivers > Mobile  Using a clean install > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

al89

Ive turned Off Automatic Device Driver Installation but if i try to start windows in normal mode i have the same problem: after some second the screen start flashing and then it freezes..

Now if i try to install amd driver from safe mode i have  this error: Error 99 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Because the Driver has not Been Digitally Signed

Maybe is better to try to format everything and do a clean installation of windows but te system don't let me do it

EDIT:

In safe mode i can see that amd video card device is:AMD radeon R9 M200X Series and not hd 8800 like before. Maybe this is the cause i can't install amd driver?

Edit2;

I don't know why but know the system works normally in normal mode and now i can install ati driver.

I have installed them but in device i can still see AMD radeon R9 M200X Series...

I'll do a format and a clean install anyway (now it seems it let me do it). Brightness control doesn't work from when i installed windows 10... I hope to solve with a clean install

xnervoushabitx

I posted this stuff on a separate thread but figured I'd try to help when I saw the thread title.

"What I do is download a program called Display Driver Uninstaller AKA: DDU, and use that program to uninstall any old graphics driver I have before updating to a new one. So here are the steps.

1. Download DDU from their site. ( Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download )

2.Download latest AMD Driver from their website, Not The Minimal One, and save it to your desktop for later. ( Download Drivers )

3. After you install DDU you must restart your pc into safe mode. To do this on Win 10 I find the easiest way is to hold down the shift key as you select the power option in the start menu and select the restart button as you're holding down shift. a window will appear shortly after select these.

Select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings and then restart. Once your PC has restarted you will have the options to boot into Safe mode by using the numbers on your keyboard (I use option 4 for regular Safe Mode)

4. Once you are Booted into Safe Mode and on your Desktop Launch DDU and use the Recommended Option (the top/first one) for clean and restart. Let it do its thang and it'll then restart. It'll look all cruddy because you're display drivers are uninstalled but don't fret, you're on track.

5. Once you have restarted and you're back on your Desktop after uninstalling using DDU, go ahead and start to install the drivers you have download from AMD. It'll ask if you want to do a clean install or express install, select Express Install since you already uninstalled the old drivers using DDU.

6. Make a cup of coffee and let it install then restart when you get back.

On a side note the installer will ask if you want to install Radeon ReLive. I always skip this because I am always seeing people complain of issues using the software. Just me personally."