2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2017 5:45 AM by flynhawn

Problems getting Freesync to work

flynhawn

I have an LG 34UC79G (which is listed as a supported monitor for Freesync on AMD's website) paired with an ASUS Dual RX480 card and my Radeon Software (version 17.4.1) reports that Freesync is not supported. I was initially using an HDMI cable, but switched to a Display Port cable (and changed the appropriate monitor setting); but the Radeon Software still reports that Freesync is not supported. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to enable Freesync on this monitor/card combination?

• Re: Problems getting Freesync to work
          flynhawn

I'm not sure if this got posted or not, but in the event that it did I'm posting an answer to my own question for others' benefit: I had to enable Freesync in the monitor's settings. Provided you have the same monitor, you'll find it through Menu - Picture - Game Adjust - Freesync

• Re: Problems getting Freesync to work
            flynhawn

Now I have another issue and it appears to be related, although Freesync is indeed enabled. I was running Fraps prior to enabling Freesync and noted my FPS to never get higher than 60. I did some research and was able to enable 144Hz on my monitor and video card and then adjusted in-game settings in an MMORPG that I play to reflect 144Hz refresh rate; however Fraps still reports a max of 60 FPS.. Does Fraps have reporting issues beyond 60 FPS? That's next on my list to research. The MMORPG in question is Neverwinter. I'm not sure if perhaps the game has issues with scaling that high being that it came out in, what? 2006? Something like that; but the video/display settings in-game did indeed have a 2560x1080 resolution at a 144Hz refresh rate to choose..