6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2017 10:38 AM by kingfish

HP 6830s graphics driver

gibbo

Hello I have an HP Compaq 6830s running Windows 10 64 bit (1607) the graphics chip is an  ATI Mobility HD 3430 and the driver at present is an AMD version 8.970.100.9001. the native resolution is 1400 X 900. when I run the latest big Win 10 upgrade "Creators Upgrade" Microsoft ditches the graphics driver and installs a basic one with limited resolution. Microsoft tell me this is because the old driver is not compatible with the upgrade and AMD have not yet provided a driver that will work with this chip and the upgrade. Will a new driver be available ? Any helpfull suggestions welcome.

• Re: HP 6830s graphics driver
            gibbo

Thank you for the answer. Does this mean my HP laptop is "finished" ? No work around ? Can I permanently block the "Creators" upgrade ? If all else fails I will go back to Win 7, gives me a few more years. Are there many who will be in this position thanks to Microsoft deciding we need these extra bells and whistles.

arcticwind

You can still use your laptop for a while you just won't see anymore updates for it.  And I won't even get into a discussion about Microsoft...

kingfish

The 3000 series graphics chips have never had a Win10 driver furnished by AMD. The only drivers that are/have been available are from Microsoft. AMD will not be making any drivers for these chips.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The following Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics products support up to WDDM 1.1 and DirectX® 10.1:

• ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics
                  • ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics
                  • ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics

These graphics products must be installed using display driver version: 8.970.100.9001. This driver is provided as a courtesy and only available via Windows Update. Please enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

NOTE: ATI Radeon™ HD 4000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics reached peak performance optimization on October, 2013. No additional driver releases are planned for these products.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD does not have drivers for the Creators version of Win10. They will make one available after the official release.

1 of 1 people found this helpful