4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2017 2:09 PM by mjpbmp

Green Fury

mjpbmp

Description

This is my build in progress.  Parts are being ordered as of 4 April and following.

GrenFury.PNG

What is ordered so far:

1.  MSI Titanium Gaming motherboard.

2.  Ryzen 7 1800X.

3.  Corsair Dominator Platinum with the silver heat spreader (16GB)

4.  Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass case -- grey.

5.  Case fans and lighting strips.

Pictures will follow as the build continues:

Update:  8 April.  I just ordered a new monitor.  See specifications for details.

LG 34UC88.PNG

This will be my first premium monitor.  It is not the best out there but what I liked about this one was the review demonstrated the all around versatility to this monitor with the 75Hz refresh rate and the screen accuracy was very good.  Again, not top of the line, but great all around.  I also like the screen splitting for productivity purposes.

Keyboard and mouse:

Last month I upgraded my keyboard and mouse to the K95 RGB PLATINUM Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — Cherry MX Speed — Gunmetal.  The gunmetal and the Enthoo Luxe case in grey I think are going to great together.  For the mouse I got the M65 RGB Pro.  I really like the feel of this mouse.  It is very smooth so far and seems well built and will last a long time compared to the plastic stuff I have been getting before this.

M65.PNGK95.PNG

UPDATE:  4/10/2017. 

Some parts have come in but not enough to build yet:

IMG_0785.JPG

Specifications

CPURyzen 1800X
      CoolerTBD
      Motherboard

MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM  

MemoryCorsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3000 C15 Memory kit (2 x 8GB)
      Graphics
      Disc Drive 1
      Disc Drive 2
      Disc Drive 3{drive3}
      PSU
      CasePhanteks Ethoo Luxe Tempered Glass -- Grey
      MonitorLG 34UC88 34" Curved FreeSync IPS Monitor 3440 x 1440 WQHD 5ms 21:9 UltraWide On-Screen Control with 4-way Screen Split, Height and Tilt Adjustable, USB 3.0/HDMI/DisplayPort
        • Re: Green Fury
          kxuping

waiting for the pictures

mjpbmp

The parts are flying their way to me as I type!  Many are scheduled to arrive the middle of next week.  I cannot wait!

nashathedog

The big question is what GFX? 

I've had my Fury pro for close to 18 months now and while it does a goo djob paired with my 4790k I do plan on an doing an 8 core build early next year but at the moment Vega's the priority, When I saw Vega being promoted with Prey I'd hoped it would come out around the same time but the focus seems to have to Ryzen 5 and Prey now .

Anyway the rig components pictured above are a great base for a gaming PC so have fun.

mjpbmp

Thank you nashathedog

I am hoping I can get this built in a week.  I currently have two MSI RX 470 Gaming X  cards in my current system and until I decide on an upgrade.  I need some furious performance to match everything else I am planning with this system.  I want Green Fury to be the envy of any on the green team but that is all up to AMD.