0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2017 12:58 PM by steve325i

Radeon RX460-Desktop doesn't boot up past asus splash screen, screen goes black and doesn't respond to any input

steve325i

Radeon Software Version - 17.3.1

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive

Graphics Chipset - Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics

Memory Size - 2048 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1212 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 8 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz

Hi,

wondering if anyone can help with a strange problem with my newly installed rx460

I have two monitors that I use Normally one for PC and one for son's xbox

before installing graphics card both tv monitors work and boot up perfectly

since installing my pc will only boot up on my 1080p monitor and not my 720p monitor

However if I plug hdmi cable into 1080p monitor and boot to desktop (all works fine) I can then take the cable out and plug into 720p monitor and it works perfectly, Just doesn't boot if plugged into 720p monitor, seems strange that it works on the monitor but doesn't boot to desktop if plugged into it before/during boot sequence

I'm not the most tech savvy person so please tell me any additional info you need to know, I'm hoping it's a simple setting issue as card was recommended and installed by professionals so should be compatible etc

Monitor specs

Samsung hd1080p    Model: LE40N87BD (works perfectly)

Samsung hd720p      Model: LE40M61B    (works perfectly except only boots to black screen)

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, as getting tired of swapping cables everytime I boot up my pc

Many thanks in advance

Steve325i