1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2017 7:44 AM by amdmatt

RX 480 Crossfire Issue

malkavianbrother

Let me begin with stating that this is my first time doing a rig with dual GPUs. I have two Radeon RX 480 graphic cards and since the two are newer versions they are bridged via the PCI-E cable. I was unsure what Crimson ReLive but when Crossfire was disabled both cards were running at what I assume was their appropriate clock speeds. When I enable Crossfire the second cards WattMan options are completely grayed out and I am unable to edit anything, which I have no clue if this is normal when the cards become linked. At this point I assume the cards are linked, as the Radeon Settings indicate that my first card is my 'primary' and the second is now 'linked'.

AMD RX 480 2.png

I guess the main concerns I have are regarding MSI Afterburner. The first card seems to be running at the settings I fixed it to but the second card is flat-lined, for the lack of terms.

AMD RX 480.png

Is this also normal for a dual GPU setup? I kept reading that both cards are supposed to be active when using MSI Afterburner and, like I said, since this is my first time experimenting with two GPUs I am not sure what I did/doing wrong. Thanks in advance for any responses!