9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2017 10:37 AM by warsun

17.x.x No longer use DX12

warsun

2017.04.01-10.03.pngIt could just be me but.I just ran some test for performance using Driver 17.2.1 then 17.3.3.An i found the same issue.Performance was just normal.I saw no benefits.So i took a wild guess that some of the issues i had seen before came from DX11.So i took a look at the DXdiag.exe an yeap! That's what it was.Using the R9 390 on Windows 10 Pro I have found DX11.2 is active on these drivers.An DX12 is not.Scrap them an start from Driver 16.3.2.

DSC00546.JPG

You can clearly see 16.3.2 works fine.An is giving the API use of DX12.

But again.Once you install 17.2.1 and 17.3.2 which mind you it shows the same thing an i`m not going through that again.I`m very busy.You can see the Direct X shows its no longer using the API it was designed for.Its using DX11.2

DSC00548.JPG

So now you know.Its no longer using it.I shouldn't have to point this out by providing screen shots.No one is that lazy.Anyone can run this test.By testing this before releasing it on a live server.So dump the 17.2.1,17.3.2, and 17.3.3 they are not programmed properly an people are complaining.

• Re: 17.x.x No longer use DX12
          supervargen

I would be helpful if you post screens.

vonchen

I have DX12 with 17.3.3.

There is another thread talking the same issue with you:

Windows 10 + RX 480 but no DX12?

The OP has the same build 10240 version as your Window 10.

According to the thread and your post, It seems if your Windows 10 is build 10240(first release version), with new driver will have DX12 missing issue.

Although I am not very sure if it works or not, but maybe you can try to update Windows 10 to the latest version.

If you really have reason not to update Windows 10 then I have no idea.

JN8hmjk.jpg

goodplay

Mine says dx12, and why are you still on build 10240 ?

dxdiag.PNG

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  warsun

I never install updates from Microsoft.As far as i`m concern they are a spyware company.They ruined my performance on WIndows 7 an ever since then i have disabled any an all Microsoft Updates from that day forward.I don't trust them.An they have given me no reason to.Their updates are even spyware. to this very day.With no explanation of what the updates are an that they update without your consent.So you try to read what update did you get installed.An there is no description.Just " a security update" Next thing you know you cant search some websites anymore an you come to the simple conclusion the they are policing your computer to prevent you from going to sites you choose to go to.I out right don't use them.If they can prove to me to be honest on everything they do for 5 years.Then i`ll allow them use.

warsun

I will make this point clear.When installing updates are required.Ill make them.However.If installing the update is required i will do it on an independent install. an not on a mass update that Microsoft has by terms of agreement.If i do not agree to those terms i do not have to download the entire package they are sending.An thus on my computer i can have to option to NOT install something i do not want.Does Microsoft provide the users rights to refuse an packet or update? No.Its all of nothing.When an independent install is made available ill download that.But i will not install something that changes my entire system to use  " Features " that i did not ask for or want on my system.

This includes disabling my own security programs.An installing theirs.Or disabling functions an locking me out of search engines.Not to mention.Issues cause on some programs that cause performance issues to increase on specific hardware or programs that THEY claim can be harmful.When after investigation have no such security or obstruction properties.They just did it because they wanted you to use THEIR version of something.So I will only download the specific program for the specific problem only.

jeztur2003

Sounds to me like someone who is so concerned with automatic updates and deciding what you want and what not should have invested in Windows 10 pro or enterprise where there is an option to disable updates.

warsun

OK you didn't read what i said.Updates are optional.An by that meaning i don't use updates.You use an update an they add a backdoor to your system.Or install some sort of program that sucks up your bandwidth.So no i do not use updates.I do direct downloads of programs that interest me.Security updates are exactly the same.If you get a security update you cant remove them.That kind of lack of freedom is not what PC users support.