2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2017 6:34 PM by redteam6

My impression of ryzen

redteam6

So far I  have tested 3 systems. 2 of which I ran a 1700 @ 3.8ghz and a 1700x @ 3.8ghz both 1.25v and 2400mhz ddr4 cas 14.

the third system is a i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz ddr4 2400mhz cas 14. the gpu tested was a nvidia 1070 gtx.

My results that in 16 games tested I saw about even fps in some games and in others like far cry primal I say a 10-15 fps difference.

Note I only had this frame drop in 2 games. I also tested playing while using twitch. I then noticed the ryzen processors coming ahead

a full 15 -20 fps in 8 out of the 16 games. In farcry primal I noticed the intel lead no trailing by 5 fps.

Now the really exciting part was when i decided to test out loading the ryzen processors wi th crazy gaming load. I ran

killing floor 2 and a 16 tab firefox in the back ground while playing wow @ a constant avg 120fps on ultra. I had a smooth

experience with no visible hitching or slow downs! This blew me away. While on the 7700k however I saw hitching and

massive slow downs. Also my load temps were significantly higher.

Now for the weird. I noticed that the 1700x did provide a much smoother experience then the 1700 clocked the same. I have

no reason or evidence to back this up but the game play felt smoother?

anyway this is my experience take it for what you will.