3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2017 4:40 AM by cauecr

Driver issues with MSI R7 370 4G and Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 motherboard

cauecr

Hello!
      I've recently switched my MSI 970A-G43 motherboard for an Asus M597A LE R2.0, because the former board fried after upgrading the system. My desktop setup back then was:

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43;

GPU: Radeon R7 370 4G (MSI brand, also - link: MSI Radeon R7 370 4GB Video Card (R7 370 GAMING 4G) - PCPartPicker );

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Vishera 4.0GHz;

SSD: HyperX Savage 120 GB (Only Windows installed);

HDD: Seagate 1TB;

PSU: Corsair CX 750M.

Memory: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz (Running at 1333MHz due to processor limitations).

In this setup I've just described, everything just worked fine, no FPS problems, latest drivers, high FPS in games like Grand Theft Auto V while the settings were set to high.

But then, I had to switch the motherboard and the desktop setup changed to this:

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0;

GPU: Radeon R7 370 4G (same as above);

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Vishera 4.0GHz;

SSD: HyperX Savage 120 GB (Only Windows installed);

HDD: Seagate 1TB;

PSU: Corsair CX 750M.

Memory: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz (Running at 1333MHz due to processor limitations).

After switching the boards I've made a BIOS update, formatted the SSD and re-installed Windows, and got all the new drivers available. Then, the actual problem begun after installing the driver for the GPU.

For some reason, Windows 8.1 always installs the driver for the wrong GPU card in my setup. It always installs drivers for R9 200, so I'm forced to install the driver for the actual GPU. But if I install the driver for R7 370, the performance drops horribly, from 70+ FPS to 15- FPS. But if I keep the driver for R9 200 that windows installed, some games run ok (Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls, for example) while others still perform poorly (Grand Theft Auto V).

Is there any issue or incompatibility that I'm unaware? Any specific driver that I should use? Please help, I don't know what to do from here, I've played all my cards already.

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Regards,

Caue.