0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2017 2:59 AM by bradswheels24

Is anyone else experiencing the problem where Google Chrome fails to launch after upgrading to Crimson 17.2?

bradswheels24

Hi,

I recently used AMD's Driver Detect utility to check if there were any updated drivers available for my Radeon R9 380 Graphics card since I did not update drivers since my system was built in February 2016  The utility recommended that I upgrade to Crimson Relive 17.2 from 16.4, which I did.  The installation went off without a hitch.  I had used Google Chrome to access the website and download the utility etc. however after installation was complete and restarted my computer Google Chrome attempted to relaunch on its own and said google Chrome has become  unresponsive relaunch now? I clicked yes, but nothing happened, so I closed the window and attempted to relaunch using my taskbar icon. When I click on it I get the spinning wheel icon for about 2 seconds, but it does not re open.  Then I attempted to uninstall Chrome and re install it, however when I go to add/remove programs and click uninstall I get an error message saying please close google chrome and try again, even though it is not open.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I'm running a Windows 10 Home 64 bit operating system with 16 GB Ram and an Intel Core I5-6600 @ 3.30GHz My Motherboard Manufacturer is Gigabyte Technology CO LTD.  My System model is Z170X-Gaming 3.  Unfortunately, my System Summary does not show my baseboard model.  Any insight you could provide would much appreciated!  Google Chrome is my preferred browser and all the passwords for my frequently used websites are saved in Chrome!

Thanks!