4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2017 4:22 AM by janagewen

is pentium d compatable with dell OHH807

kevindahl

Wanted to use processor from my old dell Optiplex GX620 that has Pentium d and Install Into my older dell GX620 that has pentium4 640?

• Re: is pentium d compatable with dell OHH807
          ray_m

This is really something you should clarify with Dell/Intel.

• Re: is pentium d compatable with dell OHH807

Hello kevindahl,

As what ray_m referred, this question might possibly obtained better answered in Intel community or Dell support. Since AMD acquired ATi in October, 2006, if your Dell OHH807 deployed with chipsets from ATi, you can also obtain support information from AMD community or AMD support. But I would love to do you a favour, remember that not every machine supporting Prescott or Cider mill Pentium 4 would support Pentium D, it depends on the chipsets and processor power support design. In order to support Pentium D, for the Intel chipsets, it must be Intel 945, 965, G31/P31 and G41/P41, and the firmware might also provides support too.

In late 2006 and early 2007, when ATi was acquired by AMD, the only chipsets sold by AMD supporting Pentium D and Pentium 4 are ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 and ATI Radeon CrossFire Xpress 3200. Very rare motherboard manufacturers used such chipsets, but the very famous Abit (then Foxconn) and Asrock are the exemplars. 

Best Regards,

Aaron Janagewen