7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2017 7:01 PM by supervargen

DX12 multi-GPU Logo??

supervargen

When in DX11 this is used when crossfire is enabled.

Wf0kK10[1].png

Why can't you give us a multi-GPU Logo in DX12 and Vulkan??

And another thing.. why can't we chose a more discrete logo of yours or our own making?

Bigger, smaller, different shape or color.

And another thing, part two. I want an fps counter for Vulkan and DX12 in Crimson. How hard can it be to fix that?

You can do it AMD.

• Re: DX12 multi-GPU Logo??
          black_zion

Those APIs implement multiple GPUs themselves, which means the game developer has 100% control over how much, or how little, scaling there is. Previous APIs, such as DirectX 11, require AMD and nVidia to provide support at the driver level as well as the developer to program multiple GPUs, so there will be no Crossfire logo.

ray_m

Because DX12 and Vulkan Crossfire support is not handled by the driver.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                supervargen

So there is no way for your software to detect that both cards are aktive and then turn on the logo?

And this then? For DX11.

"And another thing.. why can't we chose a more discrete logo of yours or our own making?

Bigger, smaller, different shape or color.

And another thing, part two. I want an fps counter for Vulkan and DX12 in Crimson. How hard can it be to fix that?

You can do it AMD."

Why not give me an full answer ray_m?

black_zion

As for the logo, it is not meant to be used except for testing purposes, it is not meant to be used all the time. As for the FPS counter, ray_m is not on the driver team so he can't tell you how difficult it would be.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                        supervargen

Not meant to be used all the time you say. How do you know and why is that? First time i hear of it. I use it so that i know that it works and is enable as it should.

So a smaller logo would be great. A transparent even better.

ray_m may not be on the driver team, but you know.. internal communications and all.

I do believe ray_m know how to send an e-mail or use a phone.

ray_m: Hello? This is ray_m, how difficult would it be to make an fps counter?

- People on the other end answering stuff.

ray_m: Well then, i will post this answer right away. Thank you mighty driver team.