BenQ RL2455HMb 60Hz HDMI 1920x1080 (x2)

Motherboard:

LENOVO 30A1000FUK

CPU/APU:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v3 @ 3.40GHz

RAM:

32GB of RAM

Issue:

I've recently noticed a huge problem with the games that I am playing. I mainly play Rocket League and Counterstrike Global Offensive, however I've noticed the problem in more than them games.

My problem is that when I cap my fps to 60, I do not have micro-stutters in my game. However, this brings screen tearing due to my 60hz monitors. If I reduce or increase my fps by 5, I lose the screen tearing but gain micro-stuttering in my games. V-Sync at 60fps removes the screen tearing but produces micro-stuttering. I used to be able to play on unlimited fps and not have screen tearing or micro-stutters but I think one of the latest updates has messed up my graphics cards functionality.

I have tried moving games to different hard drives, reinstalled my AMD software fully and even reset game presets and the problem still lingers.

For Rocket League, I tried to install the drivers that came with my graphics card and used them to play the game. I had no stuttering at all, even at unlimited fps. However, as soon as I updated my drivers to the most up to date version, problems began to happen again. 60fps using the old drivers still produced screen tearing however.

If anyone has a fix or knows what's going on, please let me know!

Outcomes