4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2017 9:16 AM by janagewen

AMD Ryzen 7 and nvidia DSR technology

gkeawe

I've been testing the 1700 in a non-overlocked state on an ASUS Prime B350 Plus ( 0503 ) BIOS with the following components, 16GB GSkill DDR4-2400 Fortis  Series, intel 750 PCIe SSD, Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SATA, EVGA GTX 1080 8GB ACX3.0

The Ryzen 7 1700 appears to be suited to the tasks that NVidia's DSR technology has to offer. I say this only because there was some early talk about Ryzen's issues with gaming at 1080p. The nvidia control panel DSR Factors are default off, but if you drill down you can select several options.

dsr_factors_selected.jpg

I've test a few settings render resolutions that were made available in the games once DSR Factors are selected in the nvidia control panel, the games were smooth and had decent in-game FPS. Can anyone test how NVidia's DSR Technology affects the overall game experience. So far I am impressed how smooth games play using this, I tried it before on my intel i7-4790K but found it took a performance hit. I've ordered another pair of DDR4-2400 for the Ryzen 1700 to bring the total system memory to 32GB. I will test more outside of games to see how the system performs with the additional memory.