3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2017 3:25 PM by black_zion

Radeon HD7900 PC Completely crashed (Win reset etc.)

avaphil

Hay Guys

I think there are similar problems already explained in the forum, but my case wasnt really shown, sorry if i´ll repeat something :s

So  a month ago or so, Ive tried to play Resident Evil 5 with a friend, but the game like completely crashed my PC. Not a blue screen, but a black screen with slightly greyish tone.

I could only reset the PC, so ctrl+alt+del didnt work. This happened multiple times to me at this game after ~30 min. I thought, it was a problem of the game, but recently, this happened to me in Titanfall 2 aswell, even though it ran perfectly for months since it came out. After restarting the PC, some strange **** went on. There were weird blue "planks" (english is not my main language :s), while the windows symbol was screened with that loading circle. After this, nothing happened, like for 2 hours, but i kept running it to not make more damage. Then, there was a "blue screen" with the message, that there was a huge problem and the PC has to completely be resetted. So windows was completely new installed. All my files are gone, unlucky, but i thought the problem is solved atleast. But today, it happened to me again in Titanfall 2. There was no need to install windows completely new, but that weird geyish screen came again with the complete freeze.

I have no idea, what this is, I guess, it has something to do with the temperature or the sorftware, maybe hardware, because i got this GPU fore ~4 years now and i really punished it sometimes, but i have no clue.

Thx for help!

Specs: GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series 3072MB, crimson 16.6 is installed

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Eight core 4.00 GHz