4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2017 2:42 PM by abi

Windows 10 keylogger: How to stop Microsoft from tracking everything you type

kingfish

"There's been heaps of controversy associated with Microsoft's latest operating system Windows 10 since it was launched, but the latest issue takes the cake – apparently Windows has been quietly logging every single keystroke users make on their keyboards from the beginning. Even better, that data is being constantly sent to Microsoft's servers on a regular basis."

"We're not sure why on earth Microsoft would want users' keystrokes, as this data is only really useful to cybercriminals seeking to crack passwords to steal sensitive data, and IBTimes UK has asked the computing giant to clarify, but in the meantime, it is possible to solve this problem."

Windows 10 keylogger: How to stop Microsoft from tracking everything you type

• Re: Windows 10 keylogger: How to stop Microsoft from tracking everything you type
          qwixt

I recently found out about Spybot Anti-beacon from this video:

Prevent Windows 10 Spying - Privacy & Security Matter - YouTube

I used it this week. So I cannot vouch for it or anything yet. I had turned off many of the services in the past. Pre-anniv edition, I even took ownership of all the files and services, then refused permission to run for system, but the anniv upgrade removed all that. One of the nice things that this spybot does is that it sets the host file with all servers for tracking to 0.0.0.0.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • Re: Windows 10 keylogger: How to stop Microsoft from tracking everything you type
            ibanggpu

looks like windows has some dark dealing in the underworld. Something needs to put microsoft in line and in their place and start constraining them.

dillingerlee

The other day I was writing an email in Outlook, which of course I had a free Hotmail account but they forced you to start using outlook.

I was writing something about sending some money via Paypal and about 3 minutes into the message I get a popup from Microsoft:

"Did you know you can send money through PayPal using Outlook now?"

Can you believe this??  They are reading your email AS YOU TYPE IT now!

I put a USB flash stick into my PC which had some .bin files and other asm files and right away Windows started complaining there was a problem on the disk. Ever since then, the fan on my CPU has been going into overtime. You go to look at the background processes and it says there is next to nothing running in the background. But something must be going on in the background by God because my processor's fan is throwing more heat than a harley radiator. Inevitably, I get an error that the keystroke application has stopped working.

It is pretty obvious to me that the keystroke app is trying to send some data over the internet to Microsoft,  but after recent allegations in the national news re: spyware, have pulled the account that it delivers the data to and now just goes on and on like my computer is acting like a child that needs to go to desperately the bathroom but can't. It is evident that as soon as you start  playing around with any lower level programming, right away Microsoft wants to know what it is you are up to.

2 of 2 people found this helpful